I am very touched to find all these kind comments about my work. You have no idea what it means to me. Being an artist comes with a lot of uncertainty. We open up and let the world see us through our work. There is no hiding. Getting honest feedback about how my art touches people keeps me going in difficult times when I feel like giving up. Thank you so much!!
Gila Joy Pascale
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Feedback.... what others say about my work:
- "I like the constancy of your ability to invent and re-invent the power of your visual art."
- "Instead of following the guide lines of galleries to appear as an artist who is recognizable in consistency, Gila Joy Pascale pushes the boundaries of what her art could be."
- "Her enthusiasm is a joy and delight. It's a pleasure talking with her about how she gets inspired. She describes herself as a novice in art, as a beginner. But to me it is clear that there always was an artist within that wanted to come out and create!"
- "The consistency through your work is you!"
- "I am following her work because (!) there is not much consistency. It's always a surprise what she comes up with next. Refreshing and inspiring!"
- "Watch her! And she just started! The fact that she didn't have a formal art education seems to be a plus. Her work is innocent and her creativity is not touched by art teachers who told her what 'real art' should look like."
- "She is a life force! And you can sense that in her work"
- "When I talked with Gila Joy about her life I learned that as a teenager she imagined herself as someone who would work in nature and with animals. She became a psychotherapist instead, never forgetting how much she loved nature and everything in it. I can see that in her work. A lot of it is very organic."
- "Gila seems to have endless energy and enthusiasm. If I wouldn't know better I would never guess how much she struggled with health issues in the past. Encouraging!"
- "I couldn't buy the original that I wanted but she has outstanding prints and she is willing to work on them so that they almost look like a second original. Impressive!"
- "I want to encourage her to ponder new lines of questioning. There is so much promising stuff in her work. I want to see where she goes next."
- "It's no surprise to me that Gila is constantly growing. Just look at her!"
- "For her Wall-Art pieces she picks up bark, bones, stones, pieces of wood and other hidden treasures that nobody would pay attention to while walking in nature. She brings it back to her studio where they get integrated into her work. She claims, she wanted to create something new out of something she could never have created: nature. Which is generous in offering the unexpected when you open your eyes and your heart."
- "In her own words: "Most people don't really 'see' the little beautiful details when they walk in nature. I pick them up and greet them like a long lost friend. I put gold leaf on them and highlight their Beauty with color. And suddenly people begin to see what I have seen when I first 'met' a piece in nature.
- "I visited her home gallery. Gila Joy lives surrounded by the everyday objects she finds in nature and turns them into art.
When you suddenly see through her eyes you can see a world of endless creative possibilities. She 'teaches' the love for nature without even saying anything. A gift that I deeply appreciate."
- "Her art and her bright, vivid colors make me happy!"
- "Learning about her life and how she approaches her art definitely changed my perspective. She has that knowing about how fragile our lives can be and she seems to be fully awake to the beauty around us. Through her art I can see a glimpse of that in my own life. It's an eye opener to talk with her about life and what it presents to us when we let it."
- "I write down my dreams every morning when I awake. I want her to paint some of them and I feel excited about it!"
- "Excellent energy in her work. The world needs such beautiful fresh art work. Truly!"
- "Gila, I absolutely loved my stroll through your beautiful website. Your work is so joy-filled! Thank you. You inspire me to take up art lessons and to find out more about the artist inside of me."
- "I have seen Gila's projects and they are absolutely wonderful. I've known her for a long time and never knew that she could turn out to be such an amazing talent. Love her work!"
- "Gila Joy Pascale's work is awesome. Excellent to see her as featured artist in the "New Mexico Artist Directory".
- "Gila Joy Pascale's pieces are very diverse and she excels at a beautiful technique and depth."
- "Love the New Mexico Artist Directory! So pleased to see the addition of Gila Joy Pascale and her amazing art! ! I love her work and the diversity of mediums she explores."
- "Gila Joy Pascale's paintings are very unique. I love her use of color and form along with the gold leaf she sometimes incorporates. Her boldness and symbolic forms draw you in to look even more closely."
- "Gila Joy Pascale is one of my favorites."
- " I am so pleased to see that the New Mexico Artist Directory featured the work of Gila Joy Pascale. This artist has such a rich and interesting past and this shows in her work. Her art is thought provoking, innovative and uplifting in its beauty. I look forward to seeing more of her work as well as the other artists in this year's show."
- "I am so glad to see the amazing artwork of Gila Joy Pascale. Gila's artwork is unique and so beautiful! I absolutely love her paintings!"
- "Bold colors, life-affirming!"
- " I have seen her work evolve over the past few years and appreciate her ability and playfulness with color and light. She has the ability to create and recreate beauty in so many different and stunning ways! Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Gila!"
- "Gila's work is awesome! She is a very talented and hard-working artist. Her colors are brilliant and amazing. You have to see them in person to see them glow!"
- "Gila Joy Pascale deserves recognition! Her artwork definitely shows her talent. She is such an inspiration to me especially, when she makes me see her perspective. Congratulations to Gila!"
- "We at Graphic Sky Art-Printing are honored to be the printer of choice for such a great artist. Thank you NM Artist Directory for giving Gila such wonderful exposure."
- "Being an artist myself and an art historian I recognize Gila's art as very special. What she paints comes from a space that can't be understood with the mind. Her paintings speak to our emotion. Gila's name is Joy. Looking at her creations I feel the joy."
- "So glad Gila decided to "come out" as an artist. Her warmth and verve really come through in her work."
- "To anyone looking for an art teacher, Gila Joy Pascale is terrific -- intuitive, supportive, and fun! She encourages many different forms of artistic expression and has a wealth of knowledge. I would recommend her for everyone, but especially the person who might be a bit shy about making art and afraid of doing it 'wrong'. Gila Joy makes learning to make art a truly enjoyable and rewarding experience!"
- "I’ve been loving seeing your work for the "Valentine's HeART Show". It’s very moving for me… touches my heart, brings a smile to my face, causes me to pause and savor."